Thursday 14 May 2015

Third Avocado Plant - Third Pruning on 14 May 2015

My third avocado plant is now sitting in my study room near the window. It has catch the western sunlight every day but not strong light. The leaves have all moved to the direction of the light and you need to periodically rotate the pot to let the leaves expose to equal amount of light.

I have let the avocado plant to grow at least 5 leaves before I prune away the rest. Today, I notice that the new branch has grown 5 leaves. It is time to prune the third avocado again. This will be its third time.

Third avocado with new branch
Third avocado with new branch
I have used a cutter to prune away the new leaves.

Using a cutter to prune the branch
Using a cutter to prune the branch
Third pruned area
Third pruned area

A small branch can be seen at the 2nd pruned area but from the lower leaflet.

A small branch from the 2nd pruned area
A small branch from the 2nd pruned area

No comments:

Post a Comment