Thursday 2 February 2017

Growing durian tree in a pot

When I mentioned to my friends or family about growing durian tree at my balcony, they said that I'm crazy. This is because they had never seen a dwarf durian tree before. Well, I have not seen one either and only saw dwarf durian trees in YouTube videos.

We went to eat at Ah Seng Durian store and packed some Bayou (肉油)durians back home.

I managed to save three Bayou durian seeds and placed them onto moist sphagnum moss. The seeds will germinate within a couple of days.

Bayou Durian Seed germinated
Bayou Durian Seed germinated
After the seeds had germinated, I buried them into the potting soil in a pot. After a couple of months, I transferred the seedlings into bigger pots.

8-month old durian seedling
8-month old durian seedling
The only thing that I need now is a scion from a mature, fruiting durian tree. I can graft the scion onto my durian seedling.

No comments:

Post a Comment